Research at a glance:
- Released August 2012
- Exclusive 90+ page report
- Over 50 tables and charts
The depth and breadth of consulting and advisory services available to the banking sector continues to amaze Kennedy’s analyst team – as well as the buyers of these services. Kennedy believes the services portfolio available to banking concerns will remain substantial for years to come.
Larger consulting engagements are primarily being driven by the sector’s crushing new regulation and profitability constraints. Multi-channel banking models have replaced the traditional, and new competition is capturing share.
Consulting providers have answered client demand, orienting services in the areas of core business model transformation, customer service, marketing and branding, and product/service design to name just a few.
Consulting to the Banking Sector 2012-2015 highlights provider service capability strengths and competencies and is organized across the following taxonomy:
Banking Sector Industry Segments
- Cards & Payments
- Corporate & Governance
- Customer Service
Consulting Service Lines
- Financial Consulting
- Operations Management
- Information Technology (IT)
- Strategy Consulting
- Human Resources (HR)
Key Geographic Regions
- North America
- Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Provider Practice Service Capability Strengths across each Banking Sector consulting segment, service line, and mature and emerging markets
Consulting to the Banking Sector 2012-2015 is part of an exclusive series of reports, featuring in-depth examinations of management consulting to the financial services industry’s three main sectors—banking, insurance, and capital markets — from the perspective of both buyers and providers of consulting services.
Consulting to the Banking Sector 2012-2015
covers consulting to the largest of these three business lines, banking, and its six primary industry segments: Retail; Institutional; Cards & Payments; Lending; Corporate & Governance; and Customer Service.
Complete analysis includes:
PROVIDER PROFILES OF SELECT BANKING SECTOR CONSULTING PRACTICES profiles the consulting firms featured in this report, complete with key statistics, core competencies, geographic presence, strength of services in emerging markets, and specific capability strengths.
KEY CONSULTING TRENDS looks at the factors affecting services provision, including the drivers of specific engagements and examples of current consulting engagements that exemplify the market.
CLIENT SPENDING TRENDS & FORECASTS details the size of the Banking Sector consulting market and its projected growth. This section segments the market by industry sector, consulting service line, and key geographic region, and includes data on fees and fee pressures, consulting opportunity intensity, and other challenges and opportunities for clients and consultants.
THE COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE features in-depth analysis of leading market players by competitive segment, service capability strengths, and consultancy type.
Consulting to the Banking Sector 2012-2015 is an exclusive 90+ page report supported by over 50 data-rich tables and charts.
Consulting to the following financial industry segments featured in this report:
- Retail: All core banking services focused on the retail consumer market, including checking and savings accounts, safe deposit boxes and etc., but excluding the service areas described in the note below.
- Institutional: Banking client services focused on corporate or public sector clients, and including
services such as institutional checking, corporate finance, etc.
- Cards & Payments: Banking (and other financial) services related to helping customers (retail or
institutional) pay for goods and services, whether via credit/charge cards and credit/charge accounts, bank cards, fleet cards, smart cards, debit cards, pre-paid cards or, increasingly, via mobile applications such as Simple, PayPal, Google, Square and Bill Me Later. These services include payment clearance and processing.
- Lending: Banking services for retail and institutional clients or related to mortgages and other large secured and unsecured loans (e.g., auto loans).
- Corporate & Governance: All functions related to the administrative and corporate side of the bank,
particularly the bank holding company, and the rules that define the relationship between partners or
shareholders and management in the bank.
- Customer Service: All customer-facing banking client functions including help desk, product support,
bank tellers, etc.
If you have questions about Kennedy's Consulting to the Banking Sector market research please call 888.259.1500 or +1.603.357.8102, or contact our client-relations team
Kennedy research is priced based on the type and size of the purchasing organization and the intended use of the material. All research is delivered in electronic format.
Banking Sector consulting practices featured in this research include:
- Bain & Company
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Ernst & Young
- FTI Consulting
- McKinsey & Company
- Oliver Wyman